FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

storm chaser arrested
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SWIFT WX Support Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthony
Partner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the guy watching the storm new better that anybody that this storm was doing. I'm sorry but I have to say this. If you need a cop you would not have been able to find one.
chrisivc
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Anthony wrote:
And the guy watching the storm new better that anybody that this storm was doing. I'm sorry but I have to say this. If you need a cop you would not have been able to find one.

Apparently the officer core punched on their way to the jail. To me that is irresponsible but i also think that this chaser egged on the officer by pushing the limit. Unfortunaltly this officer had a short fuse and acted out on it when he didnt get his way.
-C
Anthony
Partner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess anything is possible. Some times you are better off keeping your mouth shut and just going with the flow. You will eventually get you chance to tell your side of the story. And if it takes a lawyer and a day in court so be it. I guess there several ways of looking at it.
cyberdoc
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one has some interesting Constitutional considerations. From what has been posted out on the internet, it appears that the officer acted in an arbitrary manner based soley on the the defendants occupation. Arrests made solely on the basis of occupation are just as unconstitutional as those that are made solely on race. If the defendant can demonstrate that he was parked in a legal manner, and that the officer singled him out simply because he runs a storm chasing firm, then that officer has opened himself up and the sheriff's office to litigation. In the end, it will all boil down as to whether Barnes was indeed legally parked.

Epilog:

I just found this item, so it would appear that the Deputy was clearly in the wrong.

Crane County, TX
Friday May 23

Deputy Arrests Storm Chaser, Let Go
A Crane County deputy who arrested a storm chaser earlier this month has been let go from the department.
WWW394
Gold Partner
Gold Partner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point was that when it comes to deciding weather a Law enforcement officer is right or wrong, is not for you to decide, so move on and report it to someone that has that authority... Smile

And you would not be in court... Having the judge decide if it was you, or the officer, that was in the wrong... Sad
skays1
Advanced Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cyberdoc wrote:

Epilog:

I just found this item, so it would appear that the Deputy was clearly in the wrong.

Crane County, TX
Friday May 23

Deputy Arrests Storm Chaser, Let Go
A Crane County deputy who arrested a storm chaser earlier this month has been let go from the department.

I had fallen out of touch with the events of this and I must say Im glad at least deputy do right was let go!!! AMEN!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SWIFT WX Support Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: