FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Khaki Background Style

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SWIFT WX Support Forums Forum Index -> Map Background Styles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamierob
Gold Partner
Gold Partner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Khaki Background Style Reply with quote

Everyone,
This is my first attempt at modifying a background and the other associated files (counties, states, etc...). If you unzip these files to your C:\Program Files\SwiftWX Professional 2.5\Data directory, you should be in good shape, however, there is a file there that could overwrite a few defaults files. Be sure to make backups of the following files before unzipping these in case you want to change back and haven't yet gotten the hang of fGIS.

streets.shp.ini
uscounties (all files with this in the file name)

This uses a very earthy tone color palette. The background map is khaki, the state outlines are a dark blue and the county overlays (turns on and off with the default checkbox in Swiftwx) are a medium dark green. I'm placing a new roads overlay in the overlay area that is a little more detailed than the default streets file. I'm not a master of getting the labels to show up when I want them to (at what zoom level they appear), but I like it. Just set it up as a new custom layer. Hope you enjoy. Please let me know what you think or if you have any other suggestions. I'm slowly getting the hang of this!

Jamie

File Information: khaki - blue.ttkgp (khaki background with blue state lines)
uscounties (several files - make county lines green)
streets.shp.ini (changes color of default streets)

File Size: 506 kb

Download File: http://rememberingthepast.net/Documents/khaki%20background%20and%20line%20color%20changes.zip

Click Here for instructions on adding Map Background Styles

Screenshots:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SWIFT WX Support Forums Forum Index -> Map Background Styles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: